Monday, May 30, 2011

IMM: Week of Paranormal Romance

This wasn't done on purpose by any means, since Paranormal Romance is certainly not my favourite genre out there, but I ended up with three out of the four books this week being paranormal. They aren't stories I normally would have read, but when I won them, I decided to give them a try.


Inkpop had a writing challenge a couple weeks ago based on this book, and (thank you Tara Hudson!) I won it. My other three books arrived last week, but I just finally got this one, and I feel kinda cool because it's release date isn't until June 8th. :)

This is the only book here that's really my sort of style. A post-apocalypse world where they live in the middle of the forest and try to stay away from Zombies... And the title! I love it.

I had heard a lot of mixed opinions about this book, anything from 'This is as stupid as Twilight!' to 'I can't stand Twilight, but this is good' so I put it on my to-read list.

I won this 'accidentally' in a giveaway (as in, I entered because it was easy and I didn't think I'd win) and then it turns out I did win, and then I read it and didn't like it that much, so... Giveaway coming up!


Over to you... have you read any of these books? Are you jealous that I get a copy of Hereafter early? Are you a fan of The Forest of Hands and Teeth? Do you think Hush, Hush/Crescendo are just Twilight repeats? Any suggestions for books I absolutely must read over the summer? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment